Globe Run for Home 2009 was my first half Marathon! It was a 2:27 finish. They said that was a good first time for an average runner like me…and with no serious training yet. (Just mere determination to get back to the finish line). After the race, I promised myself to hit Sub 2 on its next edition. I didn’t know it would come this early! Okay then, I still registered.
All my recent half mary’s were treated as training runs – so I am quite curious how I would finish this one.
Well, Sub 2 or not, no worries! I am quite happy that I am officially racing this one for a number of reasons:
- New route – Ayala Triangle Garden – Fort-and back
For me, Makati CBD : Traffic. I wonder how it feels to have these roads all for us runners!
- I got a free Globe Tattoo – or rather I got my reg free for my Globe tattoo purchase
- Live Facebook updates – Wow!
- Race kits come with the first-ever environmentally-friendly singlet made from recycled PET bottles – I’m curious about this one. Our water business disposes several bottles a year to junk, didn’t know there is a better way of disposing them.
- Lastly, it would benefit a good cause – Globe and Ayala Land donating a portion of the race proceeds to Habitat for Humanity. I will be Running for Home again!
“Running for home” also reminds me of the ultimate race I am in. As the song of one of my favorite brothers from The Servants of the Word, John Keating, says:
“Heaven is my home, I am kingdom bound
I am not my own, for once I was lost
But in Christ I am found…..”
Sub 2 or not, this race is for His Glory…I am running for home…
Categories: Race Reports